From design to print
Three-dimensional FDM (Fuse Deposition Modeling) printing makes it possible to print objects.
The prerequisite is to draw the object with a Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool.
The 3D file (.stl) obtained is sent to a software that slices it. The printer then starts to deposit or solidify material layer by layer until the part is finalized.
3D printing can be applied to countless sectors…
Applications exist for industry (production of prototypes for cars/airplanes), architecture and model making (realization of models and parts), medicine (prosthesis, training/teaching prototype, orthopedic insoles…), research and development, education (develops the creative spirit and materializes ideas/projects), art and design, communication/marketing (goodies, ultra-personalized advertising objects)… up to the everyday consumer goods Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
… and in the field via Fablabs and distributor networks
You may also have heard about “Fablabs” (contraction of the English words Fabrication Laboratory). They are developing all over the world and mostly use FDM technology.
Their goal is to make this technology accessible to the general public and thus facilitate the creation of objects or prototypes for everyone.
The Stream professional printers are available through the Volumic3Ddistribution network.
The ” Stream ” 3D printers range from Volumic3D
FDM is the technology chosen by Volumic 3D for its desktop printers « Stream » (Made in France).
There are several reasons for this:
– Ease of operation and maintenance
– Ecological (PLA made of corn starch offers total biodegradability, PET is recyclable…)
– Additive technology (99.9% of the material is used only for printing)
– Diversity of usable materials (PETT, ABS, PLA, Hips, ninjaflex, nylon, wood, stone, bronze, copper, brass, carbon, graphite, lost wax…)
– Accuracy (actual positioning up to 15 microns in x,y for abscissa/ordinate and 6 microns in z)
– Very reasonable budget (from 2.850 € HT)
Volumic 3d’s Stream are FDM 3D printers for demanding professionals. With a spare part 3D printer you will no longer need to replace an object that is missing a single part.
Concerning the revolution of 3D printing, specialists are unanimous, it will be even greater than that of the Internet…