Regarding maintenance, the ULTRA SC are equipped with predictive maintenance. The machine itself will suggest at the right moment the intervention(s) to be performed based on the time of use. The highlights of this maintenance are:
– Extruder purge every 250 hours of printing to maintain maximum performance
– Check belt tension every 2500h to 3000h of printing
– Clean (blow) the electronics and fans every 2000 to 2500 hours of ignition
– Greasing of the axes every 3000 to 3500 hours of printing
– Checking/changing the nozzle/thermal barrier every 800 to 1000 hours of printing (except for busy printing which will wear out the nozzles much faster, even for steel nozzles)
– Cleaning/checking the extruder drive every 4000m of printed filament
– If you have a hood, change the filter every 500 to 800 hours of printing
Regarding the easy maintenance by modules, the SC has most of the sub-assemblies mounted on connectors, so that disassembly and replacement is much easier and without welding.
The bearing bushes are self-lubricating because they recycle the grease inside, but it will eventually dry out little by little anyway.